Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Draper Temple

Kenny, Livvy, Micah and I were able to attend the Draper Temple open house on Feb. 10th. It was such a neat experience. Livvy kept asking why it was Heavenly Father's house and why the "pool" was being carried by the "cows". It was a great teaching experience for Kenny and I. The Temple is such a wonderful place and this temple is very, very beautiful. Inside and out. The bride's room was so beautiful, it made me want to get married again just so I could be a bride in that room! I am grateful to live so close to the Temple, for the work that is done there and that I was able to be sealed to my sweetheart so we can be a forever family with our children.



We rode the Blue Bus from the parking lot to get up to the temple site.



They had yummy cookies and bottled water at the end. I think this was their favorite part.

7 comments:

cari said...

What a beautiful temple. We really are so lucky to live so close to so many temples. I haven't been to the open house yet but I do plan on going later this month. Livvy had so much to say about what she saw there. I think she learned a lot. I am sure Micah loved the cookies.

Breanne said...

We are going on Friday night, so I'm hoping to get good pictures before it gets too dark.

Team Greer said...

Glad you guys had a good time! I'll watch the kids whenever you want to attend. :)

Jeff and Lindsay said...

It looks like you are doing so well, your kids are so dang cute! Jeff and I drove up there the other day, the temple is just gorgeous, and we were kind of surprised by the huge houses so close to the temple. I was so glad to see pics and a post!!!

Stefanie said...

Adorable family!! I missed the open house because we are slackers :( Looks like a beautiful temple! But then, they all are, aren't they?

McLerran Family said...

Is the open house still going on? I totally wanted to go! What a neat activity for your family!

Susan said...

I think the open house goes till March 14th. I think you can google Draper Temple and it takes you to a page where you can order tickets for the open house. If not, I think there is a link on the church's website too.