Leisy had a seizure tonight. She is doing fine, the doctor thinks it is from a fever stemming from an ear infection. So that means it was a febrile seizure, not that she has epilepsy. She had been fevering today so I gave her medicine. Later, Kenny was holding her on the couch and said to me, "She's shaking really weirdly." I looked over and right away I knew....seizure. Convulsions, eyes rolled back into her head, scary. Kenny was holding her tight so I had him lay her on the floor where she could finish the seizure. The only problem was right after she finished convulsing, she turned a nice, ugly shade of grayish-purple. Not a color I really care to remember. It took about a split second for me to know she had stopped breathing. I felt for a pulse and then started CPR. Kenny called 911, I gave 2 rounds of CPR and then my baby came back to me. Well, she started breathing on her own. After a seizure there is something called a post-ictal stage where a person is there, but very, very tired. They could sleep for hours. It took Leisy about 10 minutes to respond to her name and be able to focus on anyone's face. The ambulance came, the EMT's checked her out. We decided to take her to the ER just to have her examined by a doctor. Cari & Mark (who arrived even before the EMT's arrived) stayed with Livvy and Micah. At the hospital, the doctor thought Leisy had an ear infection, gave us a prescription for an antibiotic and said we were okay to take her home. I cannot tell you how many prayers I said while all of this was going on. I know, I KNOW someone else was in the room while it was happening and took over so I could think clearly during CPR. I am SO thankful for my sweet little baby and am happy she is going to be okay.



Sunday, May 22, 2011
Scariest day of my life....so far
Posted by Susan at 7:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment