Okay, so we got back from our 5 day visit to NYC on Tues. To be honest, NYC is awesome. There are people everywhere, lights, cars. It is busy and noisy and so cool!! My ears hurt once we got back to our room our first night out because it was so quiet. We ate lots of yummy food, rode the subway, saw very interesting people. The posts that follow show pictures from the spots we visited. We really enjoyed our time away from the kids, but were happy to be back and see their smiling faces again.
I just wanted to write down a few things I noticed about NYC:
Couples don't hold hands. People looked at Kenny and I like we were weird.
Snapple is huge out there. Everyone drinks it.
Every restaurant has a "What to do if Someone is Choking" sign. Makes me wonder how many people have choked there.
Probably 75-80% of the people smoke and drink coffee. There is a Starbucks on every corner it seems like. I almost thought I was in Seattle.
A lot of restaurants don't take credit cards, but there is an ATM in every one.
The street vendors selling food...BEWARE!! It might smell and taste really good, but the payback is hell.
People don't return your smile. Sure they're friendly, but no one seems to smile.
Taxi drivers are crazy!!! They dart in and out of traffic, I was surprised I didn't see an accident once.
Our trip was great!!! I ate like a pig, but didn't gain any weight. Probably because we walked about 45 miles. It was nice to have a break away from the kids, but we did fight over who would get to hold the baby first and who Livvy would run to first when she saw us at the airport. So take a few minutes to look over these posts. I recommend taking a trip to NYC yourself, but skip the cheesecake. New York cheesecake from Costco tastes much better in my opinion.
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Our trip to NYC
Posted by Susan at 11:02 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


10 comments:
I have never been to NYC, but am dieing to go. I thought that was strange the restaurants don't take credit cards - how weird.
Wow it sounds like you had a blast!!
This is how you get your pictures side by side: click on add a picture ~ next change the layout of the pictures its on the bottom of the page. You can have them in the center or on the left or right side or NONE. None is the one that I use. Then when they are uploaded I just move them to where I want them. You can also change the size of the picture!! Good LUCK!!
I loved looking through all of your pictures! how fun! no kids even?! wow, you are spoiled! Kent and I definitely need to go- especially since we aren't all that far away right now! where did you guys stay? and thanks for the update on matt and kristen. keep me posted- I really think they'd be perfect together!!!
YOu went to NYC without me...oh NOW im shunning you!!!
Lets plan a big girls trip to NYC. But not in April, still too cold.
We stayed at a place called the Chelsea Lodge (www.chelsealodge.com) it is an old brownstone converted into a hotel. The rooms are small and the toilet is down the hall. but you do have a shower and sink in your room. For the price (the cheapest I could find) I didn't mind walking down the hall to pee.
Oh my gosh, you went to New York? It looks awesome. I'm going there in August to watch some tennis at the US Open but I want some ideas of where to go. Email me a let me know what you loved the best. I would love the suggesions. Thanks.
-Holly
How fun! Ashley has wanted to go to New York City FOREVER! She was a little freaked out after 9/11 but she still wants to go. I just keep telling her, "Someday!"
What a fun trip! I've always wanted to go there. It looks like you had a great time!
youre right and wrong....and the thing youre wrong about is cheesecake my dear. Cheesecake from the Carnegie Deli in NYC is positively the BEST cheesecake in the world.
So who did Livvy go to? You need to get an account on Facebook...it has somehow turned into my staple communication tool.
-Amy G.
Aimers!!! Glad you found my blog!!We did eat at Carnegie's but we didn't have the cheesecake. Too much pastrami, no room for dessert!!
Post a Comment