So I know I haven't blogged in a while, but nothing really has been happening, until the other morning.
I woke up early and went to the gym before Kenny left for work. I got home at about 7:30 and as I am opening the door I hear Livvy say, "Mommy!" My first thought was, great she's awake now I can't go back to sleep!
Well, I couldn't see her as I opened the door because she was in the kitchen. I walked into the living room and looked up as she ran into the room....and my heart stopped.
One look at her face, I see she covered in blood. All the blood drains from my face. But, oddly enough she has a huge grin on her face and Kenny is laughing. Hearing him laugh pissed me off! How could he think Livvy's face is funny...unless he hasn't seen it yet.
I say, "Why are you laughing? Have you seen her face? It is covered in blood!" He just laughs more and says, "It's not blood, it's her vitamin."
I was so confused, how could her vitamin be making her head bleed? Then I realized what happened. The night before, I gave Livvy her vitamin at bedtime. I guess she didn't chew it up like I thought she did. Instead, she kept it between her cheek and teeth all night long. As it dissolved and as she drooled it got all over her bed, face and hair, looking horribly like blood.
You can imagine my relief when I realized it wasn't blood, but a lovely artificial red food coloring that has stained my daughter's cheek and hair. Luckily, I was lazy and hadn't put the freshly washed sheets back on her bed and she fell asleep right on the plastic mattress so the dye wiped right up off of it.
Next time, I'll make sure she chews the vitamin completely before letting her go to sleep!!
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Scared me half to death!
Posted by Susan at 7:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Oh, the things our children put us through! But, what would we blog about if they didn't?
True, my blog would be pretty boring without Livvy!!
That is quite a picture!! lol Kids are great!!! :)
btw: Pat loves that 4 minutes song too!
Oh dear. Kids!
That would have freaked me out! I give the boys that gummy ones. They think that they are candy. It is so funny to see them get so excited over a vitamin. Dallin always asks for more.
Post a Comment