
This was the second year I ran the Wasatch Back. I had a much better time this year, mainly because I only had to run my designated legs, not any extra! I was runner #12 so I was the very last runner and ran across the finish line (my last leg was 5 miles, which I ran in 40 min after only 2 hrs. of sleep!)
My vanmates were Liz (used to work at TRH with me, her old roommate Lauren and two girls from Liz' old ward, Sarah and Sahra, and Sahra's husband Casey. We were van #2 so we ran throughout the night, :( But Casey was a trooper, running his 9 mile leg (which was changed from 5 miles ) on a pulled hamstring. He also ran the first half of the RAGNAR, an 8 mile stretch with an elevation gain of 2000 ft! We got a little delirious during the early hrs. Our jokes were gold mines like, "How do you wake up Lady Gaga? Poker Face!"....guess you had to be there! The last leg for all of us was in the rain, but we finished in less time than our team last year.
I know some will say we're crazy, but we plan to run it again next year! Even Kenny wants to join!
Friday, July 3, 2009
Wasatch Back Revisited
Posted by Susan at 9:38 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
You guys are crazy!!!! Looks like you had fun though!
Wow, Susan...you're amazing!
I'm with you in spirit!
5 miles in 40 minutes - you did good - especially after two hours of sleep. I can't even think, let alone run, on two hours of sleep. Yay Susan.
Susan, the Gratto is up Payson canyon it is a really fun/easy hike you should take your family I know your kids would love it. Livvy would have no problem you might need to hold Micah but like I said it's pretty easy. They would have so much fun playing in the water. If you need more info let me know!
Post a Comment