Wednesday, January 13, 2010

2010 Disney World Marathon & and half!

So Kenny, my parents, my niece Baylie and I spent the last 6 days in cold, cloudy Florida. It seems Jack Frost wanted to make our races a real adventure this year! Kenny, Baylie and I ran the 1/2 marathon on Saturday in 19 degree weather with sleet, snow and rain. It was not a very enjoyable experience, but we all finished and have the medal to prove it. My parents have the before and after pictures of that race so once I get a copy I'll post them.
Sunday morning, after about 4 1/2 hrs of sleep, I got up to run the marathon. Yep, I logged 39.3 miles in two days. It was cold that morning as well, about 30, but very windy which made it worse. I added time to my last marathon, but I am taking into account the 13.1 miles I ran the day before, lack of sleep for 3 days in a row (my mom snores!) and the weather. But, I finished and can cross that goal off of my list.
Aside from the races, it was Baylie's first time to WDW so we spent 4, cold but fun days in the park. Friday was Animal Kingdom. The rain and cold actually helped a little because all the animals were out for the safari ride. Saturday we spent at Disney Hollywood Studios. Baylie LOVED Rockin Rollercoaster and Tower of Terror. Sunday was sunny and we spent the day at my old stompin ground, Magic Kingdom. Baylie even ate a pretzel from my old pretzel wagon. Sniff, good times. (It has been 10 years since I went out for my internship. Boy how I miss it sometimes). Monday we had a full day at EPCOT. Soarin' was the highlight. I think I offended some French visitors because I said the circlevision movie in France was the longest 18 minutes of my life, honestly....it was. We arrived home last night and I was very happy to see my children. The pictures that follow are our days in the parks and then the marathon. I think the last picture says it all...enjoy!
















About 11 weeks along, due August 2, 2010

12 comments:

Wendy Day said...

LOL!Does posting that last picture count as the official "announcement"? Can I start telling people?

Wendy Day said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lindsay said...

So exciting!!! We are due at the same time. Congrats and way to go on running a half-marathon with a baby on board!

Team Greer said...

You dirty dirty liar!

Adrie said...

Hooray I am so excited for you! It looks like you had a fun time. It was freezing the last couple days while we were there too. Bummer go all the way to Florida and its cold!

Nicole said...

No way! Running a half and then a full all while being early preggers! You are a crazy girl. Who knows, though maybe I'll being doing that next. Haha, no...I don't think I'd be up for that but anyways, CONGRATS! and looks like you guys had a great time...so weird about that weather.

bphay said...

CONGRATULATIONS, SUZY-Q!! How exciting for you & Kenny. That baby will really get to brag that he/she ran the marathon b-4 it was born. You're awesome! Glad you are all home safe & sound. It's only 72 in San Berdoo!

McLerran Family said...

You are amazing! Congratulations!!

Breanne said...

I'm so excited!! I love that Livvy & Mara are close in age. Now we'll have another two the same age :)

MeKell and Aaron said...

Wow! #1 I still can't believe you ran that much 2 days in a row #2 You did it pregnant?!?! You crazy girl! Congrats, that's so exciting. You just had to start drinking the water at the hospital, didn't you. ;-)

Lilly said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!! And also, ARE YOU INSANE?!! You ran a marathon and a half 11 weeks pregnant?! I will answer that question: You ARE insane! Are you running it again in 2011? Because I am thinking I might want to do that and wouldn't it just be a kick in the pants to do it together? Yay! a new baby Greer! I can't wait to see it!!

Matt and Amanda said...

I read your shirt and yelled out "Your pregnant!" My husband looked at me like I was nuts:) Congratulations! I'm so excited for you!