Thursday, December 13, 2007

Entering the Computer Age

Here I sit at my computer and I am lost for words. This is my first blog ever and I am still not entirely sure I know what I am doing! My two great friends, Nathalie and Kristen, and I went to dinner the other night. They were both talking about blogs and how easy and fun they were. I decided I wanted to join in, so here goes!
This week has been a good week. Being on maternity leave has been wonderful! I don't have to go back to work until the new year so I won't start thinking about it just yet. Livvy has had a cough this week, it sounds a little croupy, so I have been doing all I know how to do to make her better. Even though she is sick she is still bouncing off the walls and having fun. She has to wear her swirly, twirly dress at all times. Two nights ago she woke up coughing and I could hear her mumbling something about "dress". A few minutes later she was standing in her doorway and in her froggy voice called pleadingly, "Dress, dress where are you?" Oh, how I love her!
Micah has been a good boy too. Since I am having to go back to work soon (still not thinking about it!) I weened him this week. No more boob juice! He was none too happy, especially since it happened on the day he got his first shots. Just when he needed Mommy the most, I wasn't there for him. I agonized over my decision to ween him, but he is doing fine on formula and still gets a little frozen momma milk every day.
Kenny is getting ready for finals. School is not his forte, but he has been dilligent this semester. He works two jobs right now since I am home and I love him for it. I know it is not easy working and going to school. Luckily he has his Transformers to entertain him when he needs a break. I am serious about that!

Christmas is approaching and I am done shopping!!! Now I just have to wrap. I hope everyone has a save and happy holiday. Especially Nathalie with her move to Kentucky, Josiah in Afghanistan (pray for his safety), Josh, Gretchen and family on their flight here and Josh's speedy recovery and Dad's. And I cannot forget Meri and the birth of her twins. I pray everything goes well and all three of you are happy and healthy.


MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!

4 comments:

Breanne said...

Yeah!!! I am so excited that you have a blog! :) If you have any questions let me know.

{sara} said...

I love the whole blog thing!! Maybe someday I will get it together and do one. For now, I will add you to my favorites (along with everyone else's) and check it regularly. I love it when there are new entries!

Anonymous said...

Susan, my goodness . . . What were you thinking - starting a blog and not telling me? Well, I found you anyway so you can't hide. Happy blogging. Now I'm going to read your other posts because I saw a picture of twins - is that what came out of you?

Susan said...

When I posted the pictures of the twins, Kenny said "people are going to think they are ours". I guess he was right!! Those are my sister-in-laws boys. Mom kept asking me about them, so I decided to blog about them.