Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Spring Yard Work

Well we have been trying to beautify our yard and give our house a face lift. Some of our projects include fencing in our yard, but we haven't started that yet. We got a little side tracked and ended up cutting down our apple tree and planting a new tree in a different part of the yard. We cut down the apple tree because 1) we HATE fruit trees. The apples weren't good anyway and we hated picking up the rotten apples. 2) we recently came into possession of a trampoline and needed a place to put it 3) did I mention we HATE fruit trees? Next we decided our house looked a little lifeless so we constructed and painted shutters for the front windows to display our new, energy efficient windows. Well, now the front door looked old, so we bought a new storm door and are planning on painting the front door to match the shutters. We want to do so much, but never seem to have enough time!!

No more rotten apples squishing between our toes!!

Oddly enough, this tree is a flowering pear tree, not the fruiting kind though :)

What do you think? Total DIY!!



2 comments:

{sara} said...

Fun, fun! I love the shutters, that's what I want to do. New windows, paint my house yellow with white trim, white shutters and a red door...someday!

Breanne said...

I love it!! It totally brightens up the house. I can't wait to see the door finished too :)