Boy what a day! We got lost driving to the park. I had a nervous breakdown in the car talking to my dad about driving directions. We arrived about 20 minutes after everyone else, so not horrible.
Since it was Grandma's 97th birthday, she got into the park for free. (Shouldn't any 97 year old still coming to Disneyland get in free? The only ride she rode was the Mark Twain. Maybe Small World too). Anyway, in honor of her (and some deranged idea of my sister and cousin too! love you guys!) all the girls wore pink. Pink shirts, black shorts, pink flip flops. People were impressed by how "cool" we looked. I was fine with it, but it was a little chilly and would have liked to have worn pants.
Livvy rode Splash Mountain for the first time! She wasn't too sure about it and has since told me several times she does not want to ride it again. We'll see about that.
Normally we are big foodies when we go to the park, but we didn't really buy much this time. Livvy thoroughly enjoyed her cotton candy (which I bribed her with to ride Splash Mountain). Micah shared all of our meals, as well as eating all of his.
Micah's highlight of the day was driving he cars on Autopia. We would ask his if he was going to drive the car and he would get all excited and say "Yesssh!".
We left at 10:30, I know, way to early, but both Livvy and Micah fell asleep in their strollers. I think the rest of the fam left around midnight and were stuck on the freeway behind a crash for a long time too. Glad I was nice and warm, asleep in bed.
![]() |
| Make a Smilebox slideshow |



8 comments:
It was fun! Matching outfits & all. I'm glad we were able to all go for G-ma's birthday. We didn't get stuck in traffic...thank goodness! We were held up by Maci's temper tantrum at the World of Disney & didn't even got out of there until like 12:30. At least we weren't stuck in traffic, either!
Hooray for all the posts! It looks like so much fun...your kids are getting so big. I love the pics at the beach! I like the idea of the Smilebox, I will have to try that!
Yeah Disneyland! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. It's good to see a lot of your family and your mom still looks so cute.
That's so fun!! I knew you were going, but didn't realize that you already went! Seriously, one of these years we need to plan a trip together!
I LOVE Disneyland, but not as much as you, haha! Sounds a little stressful, but still fun!
What would we do without Disneyland? Where else can your family go, have a ball, and feel safe from the world? Grandma has been at lease 100 times, now. I think I have, too. Thank you Walt Disney for your foresight & giving families a fun place to be. I'm glad you and your family love it, Susan, then we are sure to see all of you a couple of times each year.
The first thing I have to say is that I need longer arms. I want the pictures I take of myself & others to turn out as good as they do when Kenny takes his. LOL. I loved all those pictures of Livvy with her cotton candy. Who took that picture of us on the Gadget Go Coaster? I want a copy.
Cari took the pic of us on the roller coaster. I love the pics with Livvy and the cotton candy too. She is always asking for it.
Post a Comment