Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Livvy's conversations

I was reading my friend Natalie's post about a conversation she had with her little girl and it reminded me of a very similar one I had with Livvy the other week.

Livvy: Mom, did Jesus die in Spanish Fork?
Me: No, he didn't die in Spanish Fork, he died in a place called Jerusalem.
Livvy: Oh. But people don't live there now, right?
Me: No, people still live there.
Livvy: Oh. Did Jesus die for me?
Me: Yes, Livvy he did. He died for everyone because he loves us.
Livvy: But he is alive again, right?
Me: Yes, he is alive again.

Wow! We talked about the resurrection at Easter time, but I didn't think she grasped it much. Guess I was wrong!

5 comments:

Adrie said...

She is so cute! My kids teach me so much about the church it's really amazing that they understand it more than I do.

Adrie said...

P.S. We went to the drive in in SLC, I put the info on my blog at the end of my post if you want the info.

{sara} said...

So cute! Livvy is a smart little girl...she does not seem like she is only 3!

Natalie said...

Isn't it amazing what they know! Very cute. I need to write more conversations like this down!

Wendy Day said...

Nothing ever surprises when it comes to Livvy. She is a smart cookie.