Monday, June 30, 2008

Swimming lessons

Last Friday Livvy finished her two weeks of swimming lessons. She liked the water, but hated to go under, float on her back or blow bubbles. At first I tried to bribe her to get her to do these tasks, but she would just scream. Finally, I just stopped trying and swimming became a lot more fun for her. She still won't do any of those things, but she's only 2 1/2. As Cari put it, she is so exceptional at a lot of things, it is hard when she is only mediocre at others. I expect her to be exceptional at everything. I guess I need to let her be a little girl for now, she'll grow up fast enough. I guess it could be from example, look at the picture of her jumping in the water to me. Can you see the dislike of water on my face?! :)

1,2,3 JUMP!

Don't get my face wet!!
Superman glides
Itsy Bitsy Spider
She did go under water for a Starburst

Me & my little swimmer

Our super tough Lifeguards!!

Teacher Ali
Teacher Britney
The cutest lifeguard you'll ever see

5 comments:

{sara} said...

I'd say those are the HOTTEST lifeguards I've ever seen! And, Livvy's just too cute - she'll get it eventually. Maybe she just doesn't like getting her face wet - I share that, too. I hate it! I keep a towel over the shower rod when I'm in the shower just so I can keep my face dry.

Wendy Day said...

I'm glad she got through her lessons. Even if she didn't do everything she is becoming familiar with the water. I hope Kaylee and Cody make it through lessons this summer. We'll just practice with the kids in mom and dad's pool this summer.

Anonymous said...

My mom put us all in swimming lessons every summer - I think she just needed to get rid of us for a while. I thought I was the best swimmer in the world and was sure I was destined to be an Olympic Water Ballerina - OK, synchronized swimmer. Then one day I overheard my mom tell someone that all her kids were like fish in the water except JUDY!! What?! It was like the day I found out I was never going to be a famous singer, either.

Breanne said...

After all that work, she will probably forget everything until next summer when you have to teach her again. LOL At least that's how I feel about Xander's lessons last summer :)
I'm glad that you and she had fun.

bphay said...

Soooo CUTE! Let her grow up a little bit. Wait til next year - she'll be doing dives from the side.