I survived the Wasatch Back!! Last Friday, June 20, my team Tits for Tots and I (I did not choose the name) started the Wasatch Back. It is a 180 mile relay race from Logan to Park City. There were 12 runners on the team to start, we ended with 10. We each ran three legs of the race, except for Lauren and I, we ran 4. The length of distance each person ran was anywhere from 13-20 miles. It took us 36 hours, but we finished!!! I don't have any pictures to document the racing yet, but you will see the race course below. Two members of the team ran the "Ragnar". It is a 8 mile distance with an elevation gain of 2,000 feet. It is brutal!!! We all were exhausted, but I think most of us have already signed on for next year!! I'll post pictures of us running when I get them.
(I couldn't find the logo for 2008, you'll have to live with the one for next year)


9 comments:
You go, girl! You are my idol.
You are amazing to do that! There is no way I would do that!
Hey Susan--it's Jan from work. I'm super impressed about the relay...that's awesome. Anyway, random question--I need to pick a pediatrician (no I haven't had her yet) but I'm not sure who's good. Any suggestions?
That's awesome, Susan! Tits for Tots, huh? That's quite a name.
Jan-I am so checking out your blog now. Um, my pediatrician is a NP at Pediatric Care, Michelle Smith. I really like her. Dr. Bartholmew is there too and he is really nice. How long till your due date?
Judy-I love the new pic of you and Zac! Isn't the name great? I guess we were raising money for a children's charity. During the race though we had people ask us if our babies were with us. I think they thought all of us were lactating mothers or something!!
Oh my gosh Susan, that is AWESOME! Did you do anything different to train for this than any of your other events, like the triathlon?
AMAZING!! I am so proud of you!
Micalanne-Fortunately for me it was just running to train. (I have a fear of water, seriously)
i'm impressed. I could never do that.
Post a Comment