Friday, August 15, 2008

Making Jam

My mother has a beautiful, big apricot tree in her front yard so I decided to make jam the other day. Now don't let your expectations get too high, I made freezer jam, not cooked jam. I know how to make cooked jam, but it was hot and well, it was hot.

So I started with these:

Sliced, cut and chopped.

Added LOTS of sugar, pectin, stirred and put into these:

The whole time I had one of these attached to my leg:

He's not very happy. But the jam tastes delicious!

8 comments:

{sara} said...

YUMMY! I've never made any jam, freezer or cooked. You're awesome & the jam looks SOOOOO good!

Anonymous said...

I love homemade jam!! Yummy!

Joy :) said...

All I do is just wish I could make jam. Wishing doesn't get very far.

cari said...

Looks good Sis. I made some too but not with mom's apricots. Our hometeacher gave us some that were some of the best homegrown that I've ever seen. I made strawberry banana jam as well. I like it even better than apricot. Micah will be happy when he gets to eat the jam.

Breanne said...

So fun!! But a sad baby is never fun :( I'm glad that you got your layout fixed. It looks great!

Nat said...

I agree it looks very yummy. I would love to make jam, but I am to nervous that it would taste really bad. So I just eat all the Jam that people make and give to me. Congrats to all who make homemade goodies!

Adrie said...

You are such a cute little homemaker, I wish I had skills like you. I love homemade jam!

The Queen "B" said...

Ok, so this isn't about jam, but I don't know how to respond back to your comment....

Of course I am on "TEAM EDWARD"!!! I think Jacob is an alright guy, but I'm totally in love with Edward (Don't tell Clint!) Have you finished the book - the last 2 pages are the best!!!

About the June thing, we were going to come home for about 4 weeks, but our plans changed and we only drove through Utah on our way to a conference in California. So my family had a BBQ dinner on that Sunday and we left on Monday morning, so it was a crazy non-stop week of traveling! But I plan on being home by Halloween, it all goes as planned, we will be driving west on I-80 on October 26th!!!