Friday, November 7, 2008

Busy times or lazy times

Sorry for the lack of posts. I think I have been in the lazy fog lately. I check all your blogs, just neglect to update mine.
Life is pretty much uneventful. Working to pay off bills. My new mantra is located above the title of my blog. I need to remember to pay off bills before buying a new pair of shoes, what can you do with 36 pairs of shoes anyway?! :0)
You always hear the stories about being led to the scriptures during hard times and the scripture ends up being exactly what you needed, right? Can't say this had ever really happened to me until today. Frustrated with money, or lack there of, I opened the conference edition of the Ensign to Elder Perry's talk on living simply. I loved the quote I now have above. Now I need to make it stick.
My love to you all. I think about you often, even if I don't post a comment.

SMILE!

8 comments:

The P*dunc's said...

New shoes would be nice, wouldn't they? Oh, well! We can't take them with us, can we?

Wendy Day said...

Hey Sis,

Thanks for the words of wisdom and the great example. We can all learn from living simply. We Love You to.

Nate / Mary said...

It was GREAT seeing you. But I too wish we would of had more time together!! We are hoping you will come up soon!!! Love you all!!

Adrie said...

I miss you posting pictures, but I totally know how you feel!

Anonymous said...

Yay, a new Susan post! I like your quote. And who needs new shoes, right?

Micalanne said...

Hang in there! Love you too!

Nate / Mary said...

Susan, Yes she is on the team. They don't make you try out at this grade. I guess they will next year but not this one. Hope all is well with you and the family!! Love ya!!

bphay said...

That has to me my new mantra, also. I guess your mom told you I'm not going on the trip next year. Can't justify that expense when I have bills that I HAVE to pay off for my sanity.