So I saw Twilight on Saturday night. Cari & Mark were kind enough to watch the kids for Kenny & I , even though they had spent all morning with them.
We got to the theater early, got good seats and snuck in some yummy treats. I was really stoked to see the new Harry Potter trailer. Can't wait til next June!
Then the moment arrives. The movie starts. Kenny leans over and asks a few questions to sort the storyline out once or twice during the movie (shh, Kenny, just read the book next time!). Two hours later the movie ends and I sit there, wondering, did I like it?
Two days later, my answer is yes, I liked it, but didn't love it. Robert Pattinson grew on me as Edward, but I wish he didn't have "big" eyes in every scene. It was like he was trying to adjust his contacts. Kristen Stewart did a good job as Bella too. I can't say I was too fond of the actor who played Charlie. He didn't seem to capture the character enough for me. Taylor was a good choice for Jacob and the actor who played Mike Newton spot on! And did anyone else think Jasper looked like Edward Scissorhands?
There were some cheesy parts and some really good parts. But, the one thing that really bothered me was the hospital scene. Maybe it is just because I am a nurse, but couldn't someone have fixed Bella's oxygen tubing for crying out loud?! First, it was on completely wrong, second, in half of the shots it the tubing was in front of her eyes. It nearly drove me CRAZY!!! I wanted to reach out and fix it so badly.
I will buy the movie when it comes to DVD, I will see it again when it comes to the dollar theater (that's when Wendy wants to see it). I won't give it 4 stars, maybe 2 3/4 stars. Twilight fanatics will probably ream me for this post later. I still love the books and can't wait for the sequel. I just hope they capture more of the essence of New Moon.
Monday, November 24, 2008
Loved it or tolerated it?
Posted by Susan at 5:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
I'm going to see it tomorrow. I will definetly be paying attention to the hospital scene and be thinking of you :)
I'll let you know what I think. (And movies will never be better then the books)
I'm with you Susan. It took me a bit to realize that I liked it. It just goes so fast! And be thankful you only had to sush Kenny at the beginning - I had to sush my hubby all the way through! So I've decided I need to see it again without him so I can concentrate :)
I agree so much with you about the characters, I busted up laughing when I saw Mike Newton because he was PERFECT!!! At the beginning of the show Edward reminded me of Edward Scissors Hands but then about half way I started to like him!
That is so funny about the oxygen tubing. I didn't even notice because I wouldn't know what to look for. Edward Scissorhands - omgosh - you're right!
I hope I didn't ruin the movie for anyone with my ramblings. I tried not to listen to any reviews until I saw it myself.
Stephanie-maybe we should see it with the men. What do you think?
Oh my gosh YES I did that was the first thing that came into my mind when I saw him, thats great that i'm not the only one who thought that!
Post a Comment