Friday, April 10, 2009

Am I weird?

Aside from the obvious of course!, I was realizing today how weird I am. Let me explain. Whenever I eat a handful of something (goldfish crackers, M&M's, etc.), I have to eat them in an even number. Whenever I eat raw carrots, if the first one I bite into is really sweet, I put it aside and eat it very last (just in case the second to last carrot leaves a bitter taste in my mouth, I have the sweet carrot left to wash away the taste). When I was little if I chewed 6 times (an even # of course!) on the right side of my mouth, I had to chew 6 times on the left. So am I weird? Do you have any little quirks like this?

11 comments:

Wendy Day said...

You're weird.LOL!!! How funny that you would post this today. We were just at the mall and I took Kaylee to the bathroom and went while I was there. I thought about how every time I wash my hands in a public bathroom I have to have 3 paper towels to dry my hands no matter what. I have to eat everything in an even number as well. If I get to the last one and there is only one left I have to take another out of the bag. I'm sure I domore weird things but that is all I can think of right now.

{sara} said...

Oh, man...am I realyy related to you wierd-o's?! It's that OCD gene...& you guys got it from BOTH sides! Bwa-ha-ha-ha!

O.k., I'll admit...I'm a wierd-o, too. If I am sitting in a bathroom with tiles - those public ones with the little tiles, especially, I put them all in groups of five. I can't look at them & see anything different. Wendy - 2 paper towels for me & I ALWAYS open the door with them, too. Yes, there are more...I just don't want to advertise that I just might be as wierd as you two! :)

The P*dunc's said...

First, thank you for your very sweet comments. You made my day!

Second, those OCD things you have are funny! When I am eating anything, I always eat the very best bite last. Paul will often ask me if there is something wrong with my food before I remind him that I am saving the best for last. So I agree with the whole carrot thing.

In high school, Andrea Sundberg would always eat her pizza backwards, crust first because she loved the first bite, for most people, so much, she wanted to take that bite last. She still does this.

McLerran Family said...

I do stuff like that ALL the time! I think we all have a little OCD in us somewhere. :)

Natalie said...

You ARE weird! Ha, Ha! That's pretty funny. I always have to sleep with a pillow between my knees and the toilet paper roll HAS to face out so the paper come out on top!

Funny, we are finally making this connection... Clyde is my father-in-law! I'm married to his son, Nic. And Brooke is my husband's step-sister! Now I know the basic area you live.

Team Greer said...

You totally have tourettes syndrome. I'm not making this up! I think we all have it to some degree. Little ticks that we have to fulfill. Like if your socks feel wrong, or if you step on a crack or something you have to do the same thing to your other foot to make it feel 'right'.

cari said...

Yes, Susan, you are weird but, so is everyone else. I eat candy in color patterns. I arrange them in order by color such as red, orange, yellow, white etc. If their are extra of a certain color I put them at the end of the order and eat those groups first. I also eat the food on my plate in groups. All my meat, then the potatoes, then the roll etc. Dad thinks this is funny and always laughs at me. I also lick my silverware. Mark likes to make fun of me for this. I do lots of other quirky stuff too. I am not worried though. I know I am in good company.

Micalanne said...

Our family has OCD?!

Anonymous said...

What the heck's the matter with you people?

Holly said...

Does any one else think that by having all these little quirks in common, perhaps we're not so weird after all?

I also eat things in even numbers, and I have to save the good colors till last (yellow is gross, red is good) so there is something sweet at the end and I use 3 sheets of paper towel in the bathroom (otherwise you just can't get your hands dry and too much is just a waist)
So I say enjoy your quirks! That's what makes us who we are :)

bphay said...

It took you how long to realize that OCD abounds in our family? It's what makes the world go around and makes us so special!