So last night we went to Chuck E. Cheese's for Kenny's niece's fiance's birthday. Anyway, we sent Livvy off to play with her cousin Lydia and all was well. Or so we thought. While sitting at our table talking with Kenny's brother and sisters, I decide I need to be a good mom and check on my daughter. I start looking around and asked Kenny, "Do you see Livvy anywhere?" As I scan the play area again I notice a birthday party going on and Chuck E. entertaining the crowd. I almost paid no further attention to it until I notice a blond little girl with barely any hair standing on a chair holding a plate in the midst of this birthday party. Can you imagine my embarrassment when I realized it was my child!!! I rush over to the party and apologize for Livvy. The mom says kindly, "That's okay, we figured her mom would come for her soon enough." Now add a beat red face of embarrassment to my demeanor. I try to walk away from the party and Livvy starts to throw a fit, "I want birthday cake, I want birthday cake". I try to explain the party isn't for us and try to distract her by taking her to the prize counter to turn in her tickets. She seemed appeased and shows off her Tootsie roll and plastic ring to her father proudly. We put on our coats, say goodnight to family and get in the car. All seemed well, but as we drove off Livvy says again, "I want birthday cake.". She didn't give it a rest until we got home and she was able to cuddle with her blankey, aka special blankey. I wish I had taken a camera to get a picture, but at the same time I am glad I didn't so no one can call me on being a neglectful mother.
Thursday, January 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Who can be neglectful in Chuck E. Cheese? That place is totally a free for all! Go in, get your hands stamped and let the kids RUN! Heck, if they end up at someone's party, FREE CAKE! I'm kidding, but c'mon, we ALL have those moments, sometimes WORSE!!
hey there susan! i love the story.
Susan of course I remember you! Your family is adorable. This story totally seems like something my Aubrey would do...gotta love it.
Post a Comment