Tuesday, May 20, 2008

California Trip

Kenny, the kids and I were lucky enough to spend this last weekend visiting family in Cali. It was so much fun. I love my family and wish they were closer. We were able to stay with my cousin Sara and her family, but she is really more of a sister and her children are like nieces and nephew to me. While staying there we were able to see my Grandma Melton and Uncle Paul and Aunt Penny (this is my dad's mom, brother-in-law, and sister). We also saw Aunt Barbie, but I didn't get a picture of her (she is my dad's sister also). This was Grammy's first time seeing Micah. She is almost 96 years old and has macular degeneration, but she was still able to tell how much Micah looks like his daddy.



We went to The Market with Sara's family on Thurs night. It was a really neat farmer's market they have every week, unless raining. I wish they would do something like this in my town. I would rather support the local farmer than buy from the grocery store. Anyway...Kenny, George and Bo (Sara's husband and son) walked around for a bit and left the kids to Sara and I. We tasted the local fruit and it was really good! I only got one picture at The Market, I am so bad a taking pics. But it was too cute so I had to post it anyway.

I forget to write about our drive down. Livvy fell asleep playing with her princess dollies. One minute she was making them talk to one another, the next I turned around to this.....poor Jasmine.

We stopped at Palace Station in Las Vegas for a breakfast buffet. Micah really loved the donuts. He now as 5 teeth, number 6 on the way. Anything he can put in his mouth he will, but he is becoming a very good eater, picking food up, like Cheerios, and feeding himself.


7 comments:

Wendy Day said...

Is Livvy eating Jasmine? I love that picture of Micah eating the donut. Glad you had a safe & exciting trip. I'm jealous. I'm also glad you are home.

{sara} said...

It was so fun having you here. I love that my extended family isn't really extended, but like brothers and sisters. You forgot to mention what terrible parents George & I are & how we lost Kiki at Markket Night!

Anonymous said...

Susan, what a nice surprise to see that picture of my parents! I'm sure they enjoyed the visit with you. I'm sorry I wasn't able to meet up with you guys at the beach - I was working. It really looked like fun, though, on Sara's blog. I'm stealing that picture of my folks for my blog :-)

Susan said...

Sara-I still side with you and say George was watching Kiki!

Judy-We missed you at the beach too! I forgot how much I love it and understand why you live so close to it. BTW-how do you steal other peoples pictures? I need you and Sara to teach me Blog 101.

Wendy-I am glad we are home too, but wished you could have come. Maybe we can hypnotize JJ so that he'll only want to go to Disney for vacations from now on.

Nat said...

I love to see pictures of Grandma and babies.

Anonymous said...

Susan, to steal a picture:

Click on it to enlarge, then just drag it to your desktop. At least that's how I do it on a Mac; Sara can tell you if it's different on a PC.

{sara} said...

click to enlarge - right click - "save pic as" - choose the folder you want it in & save.