We were also able to spend a day at Disneyland, one of my most favorite places on Earth, next to Disney World. (Does that make me lame or what? I have traveled quite a lot, but really love these places!)
Anyway, Livvy was so excited. It was like her imagination had come to life. She was so excited to ride the train and when we walked down Main Street she was sitting on Kenny's shoulders, she looked up and saw Sleeping Beauty's castle, she clapped and cheered "Yea, Sleeping Beauty's Castle."
We ate lots of good food (Kenny and I are foodies and base our visits on how good the food was!!) probably too much. Turkey legs, ice cream, cotton candy. Both Livvy and Micah were spoiled with treats.
Livvy was a very brave little girl. Not even 2 1/2 and she rode two roller coasters, Gadgets Go Coaster in Toon Town and The Matterhorn (my favorite ride). She actually rode the Matterhorn twice, once with Kenny then with me. When I got the the gate with her, she looked up at me and said, "We're not going on this ride Mom. We're not going on this. Let's go ride the horseys" (sp?) meaning the carousel. I kind of side stepped her request and made her ride it again, what a horrible mother I am!!!
Micah fell asleep right before we got on the teacups (a ride request from Livvy). He slept through the whole ride, even as Kenny spinned us (not too fast of course). I could see people watching, pointing at Micah saying how cute he was.
Livvy also got to meet her "Princesses" in real life too. Cinderella and Jasmine were so cute with her, she really liked them. Then she met Aurora, her very favorite, and she wasn't quite as cute with Livvy as the others. I even told Aurora how much Livvy loved her and she kind of just blew her off. It sort of made me a little sad.
We stayed until almost midnight. Micah fell asleep around 10:30. He didn't have a nap all day and Livvy only took about a 45 minute nap while we ate dinner. She woke right up when it was time to ride the carousel.
All in all, it was a fun day. Disneyland holds so many special memories for me, I hope it will for Livvy and Micah too.


5 comments:
I am so glad you guys had so much fun. I'm glad Livvy got to meet Aurora. I know how much she loves her. Wish we could of been with you guys. Sounds like you made alot of fun family memories. That is what it is all about.
Disneyland is one of my favorite places, too. I think it's because our parents took us there so often, that is where a lot of our memories were made. Too bad Aurora was so stinky to Livvy. Good that she was so young, she probably didn't even notice!
Well, of course Disneyland is one of your favorite places on earth. With Mickey and Lana as your parents, I think it's in your DNA. I remember going there with them when we were kids - your dad used to work there - on the steamship if I remember correctly. Todd, Juli, and I (and maybe Cari) got stuck in Small World - OMGosh, can you imagine hearing that song over and over? They eventually turned the song off until the ride started up again.
Yes, unfortunately, Small World was closed the day we were there. Shucks.
If you want I'll go to disneyland and kick Aurora's butt. Anyone that would blow off Livvy is a Schmuck!!!
Post a Comment