Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Baking with Mom

I love to bake! It is something I really enjoy. I love to try new recipes, tweek them a little and make them my own. I found this box mix (I know, not true baking) at Wal-Mart and pumpkin bread sounded good. So it ended up in my cart and into my kitchen.
Livvy was such a good little helper. She cracked the eggs and helped me stir. She loves to help Mommy in the kitchen.
Even though this recipe came from a box mix, I made it my own by making it low-fat with applesauce instead of oil. It came out really moist and yummy! I'll probably eat the entire loaf by myself!!





3 comments:

{sara} said...

Yummy! I love me some pumpkin bread. I think you should send some down with Wendy on Friday!;)

Wendy Day said...

Hey, is this the bread I saw on your counter tonight at mom's party or is it what you brought to the picnic one monday? If it was what you brought to the picnic it was YUMMY!!! If it was on your counter tonight I can't believe you didn't share.

bphay said...

I wish I had done more of the cooking when Ben & Sara were little. But, with a baker like Grandma, why?